About Mane Adige

My photo
"Mane Adige" means "Home Food" in kannada and this blog is all about recipes that I cook. Most of the recipes I post here will be from "Mangalooru" and "Bengalooru " regions of Karnataka,India. Rest of them are the one's which I try out by improvising the recipes got from different sources.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Recipes relished and devoured!!!

Hey folks! Hope alls well at every ones end. Been a while since I put up my last post.... I've been in these weird moods in the past few days, and I feel like doing nothing, but sleep!  Cooking has been taking a back seat too. I have been making only the simplest of recipes that don't take more than 30-40 mins of time. Here are some of them that I picked from different blogs. I have tried the dishes myself, and enjoyed them thoroughly! Hope you guys like them too!!

  1. Nupur's Khichdi-Kadhi: This is indeed a comfort food!!! Just perfect for the times when you want something soothing and not to spicy.... It is just perfect for all occasions!! I really loved the way Nupur describes the authentic and traditional way of making Khichdi.... I HAD to try this one!! This one also goes out to my reader and friend,  Sonal, who has been asking me for this recipe since a long time....Enjoy!!
  2. Latha's Potato Stir Fry: Well, this one was exactly what I wanted.... Something simple, yet very different!! The white sesame seeds (Til in Hindi- Ellu in Kannada) added a unique flavor to this stir fry. A great accompaniment with rice-rasam or curd rice!!
  3. Manjula's Batate Song: Batate means Potato in Konkani, and Batate Song is an authentic mangalorean Konkani dish. The aroma of coconut oil blended with onions and potatoes brought back old memories... I made this with Akki Rotti and it was a great combo!!
  4. Nav's Taro Root Curry: Taro Root (called Kesavina Gedde in Kannada) is a new veggie to me. Somehow my mom never made anything with it anytime.... Or maybe she did, and me being very picky about food, just chose to ignore it and never bothered to taste.... :D. Anyway, one of my friends was mentioning about taro root and it was only then that I noticed this veggie in the market. I picked up a couple of them and tried this curry. It was indeed good.... Tangy and sweet!!! Goes really well with rice...
  5. EC's Jeera Aloo: As you all know, aloo is very versatile and one of the easiest veggies to cook. So, I ended up choosing one more aloo dish and it turned out yummy too!! You can barely go wrong with such simple and yummy recipes... Tastes great with rotis or even just rice.
  6. Ashakka's Brussels Sprouts Fry: This one was super easy... and tasted great too!!! I had made rasam to go with it and it was a splendid combo!! But for this recipe of Ashakka, I would never have tried Brussels sprouts.. Thank you!! :)

Well, I don't have any pictures to go with the recipes, but the authors definitely have them on their posts and that should help.... Thanx again dear bloggers for sharing such lovely recipes!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the brussels sprouts fry.
I am definitely going to try that one.

Thank u.

Kalai said...

I get into random moods at times, too! Hope you're feeling better now, Ramya. I'm not sure how the weather is where you are, but it's downright gorgeous here. That sure helps my spirits! :)

Unknown said...

nice that u tried so many recipes..i too have many bookmarked

kamala said...

I too feel weird sometimes Ramya.All the dishes are looking good

Deepa Kuber said...

It happens to everyone Ramya,i go on strike when it happens to me.. kitchen closed:) You need to take some rest.

Vani said...

Oh honey, 30-40 minutes time for cooking is not simple for me! :)
I do know what you mean about the mood. Hopefully with good spring weather, you will feel more sprightly!
I think it;s really nice when people acknowledge others' recipes they've prepared. Nice dishes there that you've tried.

Bong Mom said...

Hope you are feeling better dear with weather being so bright and sunny. LOvely array of dishes

Cham said...

Cheer up, it happens to all... Nice recipes.... Come on it is spring, bloom with some new recipes...

FH said...

Glad you tried the new taste of Brussels sprout. It does taste like mini cabbages, don't they? Enjoy!:)
I have been cooking from other bloggers too including you, will list at FH, see you later.

Richa said...

must hv been fun cooking these in ur kitchen! cheers!

Vanamala Hebbar said...

hey hope you are doing good.
thats lovely selection of recipes..even i have bookmarked so many dishes from other blogs too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ramya for trying these and mentioning them too :-) Had to see where all the hits were coming in from :-)

Uma said...

lovely array of recipes. very nice.

EC said...

How can u say u did nothing but sleep when there are so many recipes on ur blog...thanks for trying out the jeera aloo

Nupur said...

Everything sounds just delicious! I am glad you liked the khichdi-kadhi, Ramya, it is an old post but one from the heart :)

Anonymous said...

That Brussels Sprouts fry looks very interesting, thanks.

hope you're feeling better, btw!

Sig said...

:) You call that a weird mood? That is my normal mood, given a choice I can just sleep for hours... Nice tribute to fellow bloggers... :)

Deepa Kuber said...

Just for a change, Think somethg else apart from cooking :) So,I have tagged u for meme.U can play only if you are interested.enjoy!

Kumudha said...

So many wonderful recipes to try from the numerous blogs. It is great that you tried recipes from so many blogs.

Suganya said...

Hi Ramya... Nice set of recipes... Must realy try some of the recipes...

FH said...

Got an award for you, go get it. Enjoy!:))

Great list, more for me to try! Take care.

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

Hi Ramya,

Just now visited ur site for first time, while searching for sajjappa..

Ur Blog is simply great!!! It would b very useful to me as I am a bangalorean vegetarian too and new to cooking and this site is very helpful to me with steps neat and clear.

please continue your work.. :-)

Thanks&Regards,
Nagashree.