About Mane Adige

My photo
"Mane Adige" means "Home Food" in kannada and this blog is all about recipes that I cook. Most of the recipes I post here will be from "Mangalooru" and "Bengalooru " regions of Karnataka,India. Rest of them are the one's which I try out by improvising the recipes got from different sources.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Potato Stew


Last Christmas, few of our friends from kerala had arranged a dinner party for us. That was when I had Veg stew for the first time and I loved it instantly!! Later, I took the recipe from one of my friends and tried it out myself. It was yummy!!!! Naveen n I relished it thoroughly. Heres the recipe for it.

Ingredients:

1 Medium sized potato, boiled and peeled.
1 Onion chopped finely
2" Ginger
3-4 Green chillies
2 cups Coconut milk or Fresh grated coconut
3-4 Curry leaves
1 tsp Mustard seeds
4tbsp Coconut oil
A pinch haldi

Method:
  1. Chop the boiled and peeled potato into 2" cubes and keep aside.

  2. Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in kadai and add mustard seeds. Add haldi, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves after the seeds splutter.

  3. Add finely chopped onions and fry until they turn brown and transparent.

  4. Meanwhile, grind the grated coconut with water to a smooth paste. You can ommit this step if you are using coconut milk.

  5. Add half the coconut paste/coconut milk to the fried onions. Add salt; Cover and boil for another 3-4 mins.

  6. Add the potato cubes and the remaining coconut paste/coconut milk. Add water if required and cook covered with 4-5 mins.

  7. Serve hot with rice or even rotis. Enjoi!

No comments: